Find Info For
November 7, 2022
The seventh annual Distinguished and Named Professorship Ceremony on Thursday (Nov. 3) celebrated midcareer, distinguished, and named professors and administrators at Purdue for their accomplishments and successes.
More information about the honorees can be found here.
Jay Akridge, provost and executive vice president for academic affairs and diversity, led the ceremony, presenting plaques and medallions to faculty who received Rising Star recognition, an administrative appointment, or a named or distinguished professorship over the past year.
“We are deeply grateful to these honorees for their impactful and prolific contributions to our land-grant mission,” said Akridge. “They have significantly advanced science and industry, enhanced the lives of citizens in the United States and around the globe and prepared our students to become top candidates for future employers.”
President Mitch Daniels gave remarks on the value and importance of named and distinguished professorships to honor the achievements of faculty, furthering the University’s commitment to excellence and attracting additional high-performing faculty to Purdue.
The appointees, during the past year, are:
Rising Star, term, assistant and associate professorships
* Jasmine D. Gonzalvo, Chris and Theresa Dimos Director of the Center for Health Equity and Innovation, College of Pharmacy
* Fang Huang, Reilly Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering, College of Engineering
* Jianguo Mei, Richard and Judith Wien Associate Professor of Chemistry, College of Science
Named administrative appointments
* Eric L. Barker, Jeannie and Jim Chaney Dean of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy
* Young-Jun Son, James J. Solberg Head of Industrial Engineering, College of Engineering
* David M. Umulis, Dane A. Miller Head of Biomedical Engineering, College of Engineering
* Zhuming Bi, Harris Chair of Wireless Communication and Applied Research, Purdue Fort Wayne
* Mario J. Crucini, Jerry and Rosie Semler Chair in Economics, Krannert School of Management
* Jeffrey P. Greeley, Charles D. and Nancy G. Davidson Professor of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering
* Dan Jiao, Synopsys Professor in the Elmore Family School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, College of Engineering
* Signe E. Kastberg, Mary Endres Chair in Elementary Education, College of Education
* Shihuan Kuang, Cancer Center Chair in Stem Cell Biology, College of Agriculture
* Zoltan K. Nagy, Arvind Varma Professor of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering
* Evgeniy Narimanov, Elmore Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, College of Engineering
* Haley F. Oliver, 150th Anniversary Professor in the College of Agriculture, College of Agriculture
* Irith Pomeranz, Cadence Professor in the Elmore Family School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, College of Engineering
* Amy R. Reibman, Elmore Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, College of Engineering
* Pavlos Vlachos, St. Vincent Health Professor of Healthcare Engineering, Discovery Park
* Melinda S. Zook, Germaine Seelye Oesterle Professor in History, College of Liberal Arts
* Jerome M. Adams, Distinguished Professor of Practice, College of Pharmacy
* Harm Hogenesch, Distinguished Professor of Immunopathology, College of Veterinary Medicine
* Sabre Kais, Distinguished Professor of Chemistry, College of Science
* Linda S. Lee, Distinguished Professor of Agronomy, College of Agriculture
* J. Paul Robinson, Distinguished Professor of Cytometry, College of Veterinary Medicine
* Lynne S. Taylor, Retter Distinguished Professor of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy
Purdue University, 610 Purdue Mall, West Lafayette, IN 47907, (765) 494-4600
© 2015-22 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by Office of Strategic Communications
Trouble with this page? Disability-related accessibility issue? Please contact News Service at email@example.com.